A career in 3M refines your ideas, innovative thinking, creativity, talent and skills. 3M’s collaborative culture, cross-domain and cross-functional job opportunities facilitate a healthy career growth.
Career in 3M – Ideate, Innovate and Grow
With the Internet shrinking the world into a single, boundless marketplace and India’s liberalization over the past two decades attracting global MNCs, the Indian youth has never had a better platform for developing world class careers. And this is despite the recent global recession and crumbling economies.
3M Corporation is a $30 billion, highly diversified technology company with products and services spanning 35 different businesses. It owns 45 technology platforms, has sales and operations across 65 countries, employs 80,000 people globally and sells 50,000 products in 200 countries. Still have doubts about associating with this global conglomerate?
3M Corp operates in India through two subsidiaries—3M India Limited (established in 1988) and 3M Electro & Communications India Pvt Ltd—and both have been serving the Indian consumer for the past 24 years. Together they sell more than 7,000 products in India with a leadership position in most of its product sectors. The company’s Bengaluru HQ manages operations across the nation including R&D centres, manufacturing units, branch offices and a distribution network in key cities. So a career in 3M comes with both function and location flexibility!!
You really don’t have to look beyond 3M until you retire because all job vacancies are first advertised internally. Existing employees can easily consider domain or functional role switching and grow in a new area. That’s an amazing employee retention and loyalty-invoking strategy!
Want more? Read on. Considering its 110-year existence, global presence and illustrious history, the list of 3M’s achievements can fill a book. Some of its notable achievements in 2012 are:
- The D L Shah National Award on Economics of Quality was awarded to 3M India by the Quality Council of India (QCI) under the “Large Scale Manufacturing Sector” category for its Superior Quality Management System.
- 3M India’s in-house R&D unit was accorded recognition by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), a Govt. of India undertaking.
- ScotchbondTM Universal Adhesive won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award.
- The company was ranked 102on the Fortune 500 list.
- 3M has implemented Six Sigma, Kaizen and numerous other best practices enterprise-wide.
3M India offers its employees talent and career development opportunities through special programs such as:
- Leadership development
- Performance management
- Two-way communications
- Soft skills training
- Specialised tools access
Innovation is the hallmark of 3M’s operations across the world. This company never stops inventing—it’s driven by passion to make progress happen. Its work culture of “Creative Collaboration” inspires and encourages employees to fireup their imagination and churn out a never-ending stream of new ideas and powerful technologies. Such creative innovations are then transformed into several ingenious and practical products and applications that touch people’s lives in a positive way. 3M firmly believes, “If employees grow, the company grows”.
3M invests heavily in its employees. Aren’t you worth such investment as well?
- 3M offers exciting career opportunities in:
- Marketing, communications, sales
- Supply chain and sourcing operations
- Research and development
Some of the typical openings are:
- Assistant manager – Distribution
- Specialist QA
- Assistant manager – Technical
To learn more about a career in 3M and the company’s job application process, check out http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/portal/3M/en_IN/World/Wide/.