A career in Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories offers unimaginable perks and benefits. Seek your place in the rich culture of this Indian pharmaceutical major and watch your career soar.
Career in Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories – The Tonic for Professional SuccessWith viruses and bacterial strains developing immunity to existing drugs, the threat of disease constantly looms over us. The pharmaceutical industry is never short of challenges to develop more effective medicines. Over the years, India has produced several pharmaceutical giants who have achieved remarkable success in the global pharma space. A career with one of these can be like ‘manna from heaven’! Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is one of them.
Company profileDr. Reddy’s Laboratories is an integrated pharmaceutical company with a global presence. It is committed to supplying innovative and affordable medicines to ensure healthier lives. It operates in three core area—Pharmaceutical Services and Active Ingredients (PSAI), Proprietary Products, and Global Generics. Its major markets include India, USA, UK, Russia and CIS, Germany, Romania, New Zealand, Venezuela, and South Africa. Dr. Reddy’s is truly global, it’s over 15,000 employees belong to over 20 nationalities. Its multi-cultural, multi-lingual, and multi-ethnic blend of people are drawn from various institutions and organizations worldwide. Its 18 manufacturing units, 3 technology development centres, 2 R&D centres and 1 integrated product development unit are spread across India, UK and USA.
Why Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories?To improve the work-life balance of its employees, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories offers work flexibility, rejuvenation programmes, leave benefits and tangible and intangible incentives. It runs special schemes for medical check-ups, medical insurance and healthcare benefits. However, you cannot ask for flexible work hours or telecommute unless you have exceptionally good reasons. Some of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories’ recent accolades include:
- Learning and Organization Development (L & OD) round table labelled it the Best Learning Organization of Asia (2012)
- The Economic Times listed it as one of India’s Best Companies to Work For (2012)
- Stars of the Industry Group, Asian Confederation of Businesses named its board one of the Best Managed Boards of India
- Stars of Industry Group, Asian Confederation of Businesses awarded Mr. Umang Vohra, CFO of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, the Best CFO of India award
- Biopharma, Singapore awarded Dr. Anji Reddy, Chairman of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, the Executive of the Year 2012 award
Work cultureLearning and growth opportunities are in plenty. Its “One Team” culture encourages employees to think individually but work collectively, support each other and nurture talent. The key drivers of the work culture here are: customer focused and performance driven, egalitarian and trusting, flexible and adaptive, and entrepreneurial and innovative. There is a constant effort to build bonds between all employees cutting across hierarchical levels. A remarkable testimony to the fantastic work culture at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories is the continuous return of ex-employees.
Job profilesSome of the typical roles at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories are:
- Manager – Corporate communications
- Manager – Fixed assets
- Assistant company secretary
- Financial planner
- Team member – Quality control